5.26.2009

In Rome Again


It's been far too long since I've posted something ... but I was very busy wrapping up the spring semester and making preparations to begin the Rome Program for the summer. We arrived here in Rome almost a week ago, and classes are off the ground, so I finally have a little time to sketch and relax a little. It's been a stressful few months, with too many faculty meetings and too much bad news about budgets. The bad news is sure to continue, but at least we can enjoy a temporary respite from the meetings. My work on the summer program is really only beginning, but after a rough semester like that it's great to get back to a focus on teaching in an incredible place like Rome. This morning we head out for our first organized sketching session ... 16 students wandering the streets and recording their observations. And me shuttling back and forth among them with tips and praise and small talk. There's almost nothing I'd rather be doing. So it's time to go for a cappuccino and cornetto, before meeting the group in Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere. (btw, this sketch I did yesterday in Via dei Cappellari, very near the Campo dei Fiori. I used a 2B pencil, and it took maybe 30 minutes or so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.